Language - Nizzar Qabbani
When a man is in love
how can he use old words?
Should a woman
desiring her lover
lie down with
grammarians and linguists?
I said nothing
to the woman I loved
but gathered
love's adjectives into a suitcase
and fled from all languages.
Miscellanea...
I have been reading a lot of poetry and posting what I really love here.
About Me

- Name: Maree
- Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Life is a cabaret, my friend.
I love people, so of course that means I am also a misanthrope :^D.
Daily I am struck by the profound shock and wonder of being alive.
Pretty much everything fascinates me utterly.
Trapped on Terror Planet since 1969.
Previous Posts
- Lead - Mary OliverHere is a storyto break your hea...
- Crow, Scarecrow - Leonard GontarekA crow sits on t...
- A Poet's Poem - Brenda ShaughnessyIf it takes me a...
- Madrigal Written In Winter - Pablo NerudaIn the de...
- The Stolen Child - William Butler Yeats Where dips...
- Requiem - Kurt Vonnegut JrThe crucified planet Ear...
- I Know a Man - Robert CreeleyAs I sd to myfriend, ...
- I Know a Man - Yehuda AmichaiI know a manwho photo...
- Please Master - Allen GinsbergPlease master can I ...
- Lost is the Farthest Place - Richard GillmanEven i...
Sunday, October 03, 2010


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home