I Have No Gun But I Can Spit - W.H. Auden
Some thirty inches from my nose
The frontier of my Person goes,
And all the untilled air between
Is private pagus or demesne.
Stranger, unless with bedroom eyes
I beckon you to fraternize,
Beware of rudely crossing it:
I have no gun, but I can spit.
Miscellanea...
I have been reading a lot of poetry and posting what I really love here.
About Me

- Name: Maree
- Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Life is a cabaret, my friend.
I love people, so of course that means I am also a misanthrope :^D.
Daily I am struck by the profound shock and wonder of being alive.
Pretty much everything fascinates me utterly.
Trapped on Terror Planet since 1969.
Previous Posts
- Dirty Valentine - Richard SikenThere are so many t...
- Reports from the Palace - Ian McBryde The abandone...
- Ten Ways to Avoid Lending Your Wheelbarrow to Anyb...
- A Cast of a Smokestack - Adam Atkinson It's...
- Archaeology - W. H. AudenThe archaeologist's spade...
- Water Picture - May SwensonIn the pond in the park...
- Sonnet 116 - William ShakespeareLet me not to the ...
- Evacuation - Mitsuye YamadaAs we boarded the busba...
- Idiot Thoughts - Feng Menglong My handsome fatal ...
- II. 16 - HoraceWhen storm clouds closing in darken...
Monday, October 26, 2009


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home