Evacuation - Mitsuye Yamada
As we boarded the bus
bags on both sides
(I had never packed
two bags before
on a vacation
lasting forever)
the Seattle Times
photographer said
Smile!
so obediently I smiled
and the caption the next day
read:
Note smiling faces
a lesson to Tokyo.
Miscellanea...
I have been reading a lot of poetry and posting what I really love here.
About Me

- Name: Maree
- Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Life is a cabaret, my friend.
I love people, so of course that means I am also a misanthrope :^D.
Daily I am struck by the profound shock and wonder of being alive.
Pretty much everything fascinates me utterly.
Trapped on Terror Planet since 1969.
Previous Posts
- Idiot Thoughts - Feng Menglong My handsome fatal ...
- II. 16 - HoraceWhen storm clouds closing in darken...
- Draft of a Modern Love Poem - Tadeusz Różewicz A...
- Sheep in Fog - Sylvia PlathThe hills step off into...
- The Astronomer and the Poet - Jessica Piazza 1. Wh...
- The World Outside - Denise LevertovOn the kitchen...
- Michiko Nogami (1946-1982) - Jack GilbertIs she mo...
- Self-Portrait with a Balloon, Western Novel, and D...
- A visit - Elaine FeinsteinI still remember love li...
- You Reading This: Stop - William StaffordDon't jus...
Tuesday, October 06, 2009


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home