The Pope's Penis - Sharon Olds
It hangs deep in his robes, a delicate
clapper at the center of a bell.
It moves when he moves, a ghostly fish in a
halo of silver seaweed, the hair
swaying in the dark and the heat -- and at night
while his eyes sleep, it stands up
in praise of God.
Miscellanea...
I have been reading a lot of poetry and posting what I really love here.
About Me

- Name: Maree
- Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Life is a cabaret, my friend.
I love people, so of course that means I am also a misanthrope :^D.
Daily I am struck by the profound shock and wonder of being alive.
Pretty much everything fascinates me utterly.
Trapped on Terror Planet since 1969.
Previous Posts
- When I Met My Muse - William StaffordI glanced at ...
- If I Should Cast Off This Tattered Coat - Stephen ...
- Gretel in Darkness - Louise GluckThis is the world...
- A land not mine - Anna Akhmatova A land not mine,...
- Language - Nizzar QabbaniWhen a man is in lovehow ...
- Lead - Mary OliverHere is a storyto break your hea...
- Crow, Scarecrow - Leonard GontarekA crow sits on t...
- A Poet's Poem - Brenda ShaughnessyIf it takes me a...
- Madrigal Written In Winter - Pablo NerudaIn the de...
- The Stolen Child - William Butler Yeats Where dips...
Monday, November 08, 2010


2 Comments:
Hilarious. Creepy, but hilarious.
Yes, that's what I love about it. Creepy and hilarious. :^D
Post a Comment
<< Home