The World Outside - Denise Levertov
On the kitchen wall a flash
of shadow:
swift pilgrimage
of pigeons, a spiral
celebration of air, of sky-deserts.
And on tenement windows
a blaze
of lustered watermelon:
stain of the sun
westering somewhere back of Hoboken.
Miscellanea...
I have been reading a lot of poetry and posting what I really love here.
About Me

- Name: Maree
- Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Life is a cabaret, my friend.
I love people, so of course that means I am also a misanthrope :^D.
Daily I am struck by the profound shock and wonder of being alive.
Pretty much everything fascinates me utterly.
Trapped on Terror Planet since 1969.
Previous Posts
- Michiko Nogami (1946-1982) - Jack GilbertIs she mo...
- Self-Portrait with a Balloon, Western Novel, and D...
- A visit - Elaine FeinsteinI still remember love li...
- You Reading This: Stop - William StaffordDon't jus...
- Oh Mercy - Tony HoaglandOnly the billionth persont...
- 2 A.M. - Dorianne LauxWhen I came with you that fi...
- Their Faces Shall Be As Flames - G.C. WaldrepThat ...
- Endless-peace Arrowhead Song - Li HoAmong lacquer ...
- Untitled - Hsu YunThis is an exquisite truth:Saint...
- Santiago, Pluperfect - Lance LarsenThree kids kic...
Wednesday, September 30, 2009

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home